Our Mission, Vision & Values
The William Fogg Library’s purpose is to serve the community. We aim to be a center of reliable information on a wide range of subjects, and a place where readers of all levels and diverse tastes can find appropriate resources. We foster reading by working collaboratively with schools and educational organizations, staying attuned to the public’s interests, and offering programming which covers a broad spectrum of literature, art, music, film, science, history, technology, news of other cultures and our ever-changing world. We strive to preserve the valuable records of the past, including the Fogg Collection and local and regional history.
The William Fogg Public Library aims to strengthen the community, support literacy, provide equal access to information and foster lifelong learning and enrichment.
- Being a friendly and welcoming place for community members to gather.
- Being actively engaged with the Eliot community and RSU #35 School District.
- Employing a collaborative, creative, and friendly team, focused on library users’ interests and needs.
- Being good stewards of the William Fogg Public Library’s financial and material resources.
- Ensuring equal access to library materials.
- Protecting confidentiality of staff and patron information.
- Advocate the right to intellectual freedom.