The William Fogg Library currently has an active Friends group, which organizes several annual fundraising events. The Friends play a vital role in raising extra money to provide for special services for the library, maintenance of the historic building, and capital improvements.
In the past several years the library Friends have helped cover the expenses for:
- the children’s and adult’s Summer reading programs,
- school vacation educational programs,
- laptop computers,
- library furniture,
- Smart Phone/Tablet Charging Station,
- Person/Visitor Counters installed at entry ways into the library,
- Maine Infonet Download Library,
- Prescott Park VIP Passes for Summer Programs for patrons,
- Portland Museum of Art, Museum of Fine Arts, Strawbery Banke Museum Passes,
- William Fogg Library Banners for public events and
- Network For Good (donation management) and Constant Contact Email Marketing software.
The Friends Group also donates their own personal resources to help support the library with the purchase of items that help with fundraising, such as a hot dog steamer, China dessert trays for the teas, bake sale supplies, books, craft items, prizes for raffles and contests, and the most valuable contribution of all, their time. On average, the annual amount of fundraising needed to help support the annual expenses typically covered by the Friends is between $5,000-$7,000.
The Friends are also raising funds for a 2,000 sq. ft. Library Expansion Project, to add much needed enrichment programming and meeting space to the library. The Friends of the William Fogg Library is an organization whose purpose is to provide support and assistance to the library. The Friends meet one Saturday morning a month at 10:00 am in the Sarah Farmer Room. Please call or email Megan or Lydia for information on the next meeting.
Contributions are tax-deductible to the extent allowed by law. The Friends are always looking for additional helpers to assist with specific events and we are eagerly seeking new ideas on fun and successful ways to raise funds.
Individual membership is $10 per year; family membership is $25.00 per year; lifetime membership for individuals is $75, and for families is $125.00. Membership dues are due January 1st of each year. If you would like to join the Friends, inquire at the front desk, or email the Friends using the form below.